- - Develops reading accuracy, fluency, comprehension
- - Wide variety of fiction and non-fiction texts within several levelled libraries
How it works
Reading Assistant is the only academic software program that “listens” to students as they read out loud, intervenes when students falter, and automatically scores students’ oral reading.
Using speech verification technology Reading Assistant provides a non-judgmental personal tutor that listens, prompts – corrects, records and reports on learner’s reading
- - 20 or 30 minute sessions 4 -5 days per week
- - 20 minute orientation phone call
- - On screen fluency and comprehension graphs
- - Difficult words highlighted for further practice
Who is this product best for?
- - Learners from 7 years old
- - English as Second Language learners
- - Reluctant readers
- - Learners who can read words but do not understand the meaning
- - High school students struggling to understand theme, inference, character development, plot, sequence of story events, main ideas in fiction texts.